More About this Product
Inspired by the atrocities committed during World War II, William Golding wrote Lord of the Flies
to address the issue of child murderers. As in any gang culture, the boys in the novel gravitate to a leader to gain a sense of identity and protection. Biographical information about the author describes Golding's experience with the behavior of young boys, as well as his understanding of human nature's dark side.
Each Discovery Channel School DVD features:
- Play Video: Plays entire video with pre and post viewing questions and student interstitials
- Video Index: Utilizes DVD technology to quickly find the right content segment
- Curriculum Units: Exclusive to Discovery Channel School! 10-15 shorter segments addressing specific curriculum topics. Each curriculum unit opens with a previewing question, plays video and ends with a post-viewing question. This can be used as a unit of instruction and allows for easy integration into the classroom.
- Teacher Resources: Includes a Teacher Resource Guide with lesson plan, suggested classroom activities, reading and vocabulary
- Standards Link: Correlates the video to national standards