More About this Product
The reproductive years bring with them a new host of potential risks and rewards. Discover early innovations in the fight against venereal diseases and AIDS. Examine the development of oral contraception and its social consequences. See how sonogram technology developed in the military has found practical application during pregnancy. Then learn how military medicine, including amputation and the development of anesthesia, developed in the context of treating young men. Includes five segments.
- The New Era of Reproductive Health — Looks at contraception and how doctors fight sexually transmitted infections.
- A Closer View of Pregnancy — Examines how wartime technology and a cloth merchant revolutionized the way we see the beginning of life.
- Safer Surgery — Profiles some of the major medical advances that helped bring about safer surgery.
- From Stitching to Walking — Shows how improvements in surgery allow doctors to help those who have lost limbs.
- Grasping Thought — Explores what scientists know about the human hand and the brain that controls it.