More About this Product
Bacteria are truly on the rampage again. They've become immune to the best of our antibiotics, rendering once-treatable infections deadly. However, bacteria do more than make us cringe: Learn how they can be helpful, aiding in meal digestion, air and water pollution control, and even in the treatment of muscle disorders. Segments include the following:
- Understanding: Bacteria: Explore our uneasy relationship with these wily microbes, and come away with insights that will give your life science lesson plans a healthy shot in the arm.
- Restricted Waters: Learn how scientists are working on ways to reduce the dangers of water pollution.
Each Discovery Channel School DVD features:
- Play Video: Plays entire video with pre and post viewing questions and student interstitials
- Video Index: Utilizes DVD technology to quickly find the right content segment
- Curriculum Units: Exclusive to Discovery Channel School! 10-15 shorter segments addressing specific curriculum topics. Each curriculum unit opens with a previewing question, plays video and ends with a post-viewing question. This can be used as a unit of instruction and allows for easy integration into the classroom.
- Teacher Resources: Includes a Teacher Resource Guide with lesson plan, suggested classroom activities, reading and vocabulary
- Standards Link: Correlates the video to national standards