More About this Product
Whirling bodies. Gasous fireballs. Uncharted planets. Tumbling asteroids. This interactive CD-ROM from Discovery Channel brings the solar system to life. Build a scale model of the solar system, study the rate of rotation of the planets, learn about Earth's sun screen, or observe and write about solar flares. Video Adventures include Introducing the Solar System; Fireball; Comets, Meteors, and Meteorites; Heavenly Bodies; and more!
Includes a Teacher's Guide. Simulations include Using a telescope, Projectile Motion, Solar Energy, and Scientific Inquiry.
Each v2.0 CD-ROM features
- Science Simulations: NEW! Now your students can perform hundreds of simulated lab experiments in a virtual lab.
- Discovery Channel Theater: Five fast-paced fact-filled video voyages in both English and Spanish.
- Library: Updated World Book Encyclopedia features extensive reference and research materials.
- Laboratory: New Assessment Component! Interactive activities focus on building critical learning skills.
- Multimedia Studio: Creative tool complete with slides, text and cool sound effects allows students to create their own multimedia presentation. Updated with Lesson Launchersready-made slide shows to start teaching your next science topic.