More About this Product
How can something so small play such a big role in our lives? This interactive CD-ROM lets students explore the interaction between microscopic bacteria and humans. Build a colony of bacteria, write about the issue of biological warfare, learn about the overuse of antibiotics, or read encyclopedia articles about bacteria. Have students do a database activity with gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
Includes 5-10 minutes of Discovery Channel Video Adventures. Simulations include Bacteria/Viral Growth, Cell Division, Food & Nutrition, and Scientific Inquiry.
Each v2.0 CD-ROM features
- Science Simulations: NEW! Now your students can perform hundreds of simulated lab experiments in a virtual lab.
- Discovery Channel Theater: Five fast-paced fact-filled video voyages in both English and Spanish.
- Library: Updated World Book Encyclopedia features extensive reference and research materials.
- Laboratory: New Assessment Component! Interactive activities focus on building critical learning skills.
- Multimedia Studio: Creative tool complete with slides, text and cool sound effects allows students to create their own multimedia presentation. Updated with Lesson Launchersready-made slide shows to start teaching your next science topic.