More About this Product
This CD-ROM features spectacular footage to bring an explosion of excitement into your classroom. Simulate plate tectonic activity, explore a volcano's angle of repose with a clever hands-on activity, or analyze data about the mineral composition of lava. Students can view film clips from Discovery Channel videos, learn about the birth of a volcano, see volcanologists at work, witness death and disaster, and review the different types of volcanoes.
Includes a Teacher's Guide. Simulations include Tectonic Forces, Minerals & Rocks, and Scientific Inquiry.
Each v2.0 CD-ROM features
- Science Simulations: NEW! Now your students can perform hundreds of simulated lab experiments in a virtual lab.
- Discovery Channel Theater: Five fast-paced fact-filled video voyages in both English and Spanish.
- Library: Updated World Book Encyclopedia features extensive reference and research materials.
- Laboratory: New Assessment Component! Interactive activities focus on building critical learning skills.
- Multimedia Studio: Creative tool complete with slides, text and cool sound effects allows students to create their own multimedia presentation. Updated with Lesson Launchers,ready-made slide shows to start teaching your next science topic.