More About this Product
Discover why a reliable universal standard for weight is so difficult to manage. Segments include
- STARDUST ELEMENTS: The death of a star doesn't mean the end of its life. At its end, a star seeds the universe with all the elements of the periodic table.
- THE END OF DINOSAURS: Explore the different scientific theories about why and how the dinosaurs became extinct.
- EARTHLY THERMOMETERS: Learn how the Fahrenheit, Celsius, and Kelvin scales measure the same thing in different ways and why we need precise measurements of temperature.
- HURRICANES TAKE THE HEAT: The way hurricanes form makes them a destructive force of nature. Join researchers who try to predict where the next hurricane will strike.
- FROZEN IN TIME: Ice in the Italian Alps preserved a moment in human history. See how scientists are piecing together the secret past of a 5,300-year-old man.