More About this Product
Explore coordinate grid systems and how they have been used throughout history for navigation, archaeology, and space exploration. Then discover how coordinate systems used by computers differ from the Cartesian system. Includes five segments.
- Archaeological Grids:Treasures of Troy — Shows how grids are used to painstakingly comb a site for artifacts.
- Polar Coordinates:Radar Blips — Looks at how aircraft are tracked.
- Planetocentric Coordinates: Earth to Mars — Explains the system NASA used to map Mars' surface and atmosphere.
- Computer Coordinates:Playing With Pixels — Examines the grid of tiny dots that make up animations and graphics.
- Math and Navigation in the Age of Exploration — Shows how math helped the Europeans set sail for the New World.