More About this Product
How are ratios and proportions used to solve real-world problems? See firsthand with examples that include Renaissance design, calculating the orbit of the moon, estimating animal populations, understanding currency exchange rates, making distance-speed conversions, and creating special effects in films. Includes five segments.
- Conversion and Ratios:Dollars to Drams — Shows how monetary exchanges are calculated.
- Estimating and Proportions: Counting Sheep — Demonstrates estimating animal populations.
- Similar Figures: Scaled Down — Takes a look at blueprints.
- Indirect Measurement:High in the Sky — Journeys to our nearest star.
- Mat hand Design in the Renaissance — Profiles Europe's rebirth of mathematical knowledge.