Genetics goes far beyond the lab. If the Punett square and #151;and monohybrid crosses and #151;didn't interest your class, this interactive CD-ROM will. Build a model of meiosis, analyze data related to genetic diseases, write about the ethics of cloning, or solve a crime using the science of forensics! When you bring the modern uses of genetics to your kids, you can cover some of its ethical controversies in your class.
Video Adventures include Introducing Cloning, Crime Solvers, Transgenics, and Novelty Genes. Includes a Teacher's Guide. Simulations include Genetics of Inherited Traits, Crime Scene Investigation, Cell Division, and Scientific Inquiry.
Each v2.0 CD-ROM features
- Science Simulations: NEW! Now your students can perform hundreds of simulated lab experiments in a virtual lab.
- Discovery Channel Theater: Five fast-paced fact-filled video voyages in both English and Spanish.
- Library: Updated World Book Encyclopedia features extensive reference and research materials.
- Laboratory: New Assessment Component! Interactive activities focus on building critical learning skills.
- Multimedia Studio: Creative tool complete with slides, text and cool sound effects allows students to create their own multimedia presentation. Updated with Lesson Launchers and #151;ready-made slide shows to start teaching your next science topic.