Concepts in Business Mathematics: Economics and Finance DVD
Examine how algebraic functions are used in business and finance to calculate and compare rates of simple and compound interest, to store products, and to track profit and loss in a business setting. Includes five segments.
- Percent and Principle:Simple Interest — Demonstrates how interest is calculated.
- Money in the Bank:Compound Interest — Explains how this type of interest can greatly increase your savings — or your expenses.
- Linear Programming:Business Constraints — Investigates how a store owner can maximize profits.
- Making Dough: Profits and Loss — Explores what it takes to create a successful business.
- Math and Mercantilism in the Colonial Era — Examines how math helped form the basis of modern commerce.