Earth Science: Rocks and Minerals CD-ROM
Watching video clips on their computers about inanimate objects may not sound exciting, but once your students see Introducing Rocks and Minerals, plus four others, they'll rock out! Only this interactive CD-ROM from Discovery Channel is filled with multimedia ways to get your student involved with this subject. Let them explore the Limestone Story in the Library. See landslides and write about why they happen. See how the Grand Canyon was formed. Create a multimedia presentation about volcanoes, and more.
Includes a Teacher's Guide. Simulations include Tectonic Forces, Beach Erosion, Evidence of Evolution, Minerals and Rocks, and Scientific Inquiry.
Each v2.0 CD-ROM features
- Science Simulations: NEW! Now your students can perform hundreds of simulated lab experiments in a virtual lab.
- Discovery Channel Theater: Five fast-paced fact-filled video voyages in both English and Spanish.
- Library: Updated World Book Encyclopedia features extensive reference and research materials.
- Laboratory: New Assessment Component! Interactive activities focus on building critical learning skills.
- Multimedia Studio: Creative tool complete with slides, text and cool sound effects allows students to create their own multimedia presentation. Updated with Lesson Launchers and #151;ready-made slide shows to start teaching your next science topic.