Great Books: The Great Gatsby DVD
F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel The Great Gatsby focuses on how the American dream may be unattainable, as seen through Jay Gatsby's desire for Daisy Buchanan. Fitzgerald and his character Gatsby have similar family backgrounds and love lives. The extravagance and imagery portrayed in The Great Gatsby has been the basis for advertising campaigns, and the novel's popularity has inspired several film adaptations.
Each Discovery Channel School DVD features:
- Play Video: Plays entire video with pre and post viewing questions and student interstitials
- Video Index: Utilizes DVD technology to quickly find the right content segment
- Curriculum Units: Exclusive to Discovery Channel School! 10-15 shorter segments addressing specific curriculum topics. Each curriculum unit opens with a previewing question, plays video and ends with a post-viewing question. This can be used as a unit of instruction and allows for easy integration into the classroom.
- Teacher Resources: Includes a Teacher Resource Guide with lesson plan, suggested classroom activities, reading and vocabulary
- Standards Link: Correlates the video to national standards