Magnetism plays a big role in your students' daily lives. Build an electromagnet, observe and write about the behavior of magnetic bacteria, study how the Earth is one big magnet, or learn about the smallest magnet in the universe! Video Adventures include Introducing Magnetism, Animal Magnetism, Lodestone, Earth as a Magnet, and Electromagnetism.
Includes a Teacher's Guide. Simulations include Electric Generator, Minerals and Rocks, Energy Transmission, and Scientific Inquiry.
Each v2.0 CD-ROM features
- Science Simulations: NEW! Now your students can perform hundreds of simulated lab experiments in a virtual lab.
- Discovery Channel Theater: Five fast-paced fact-filled video voyages in both English and Spanish.
- Library: Updated World Book Encyclopedia features extensive reference and research materials.
- Laboratory: New Assessment Component! Interactive activities focus on building critical learning skills.
- Multimedia Studio: Creative tool complete with slides, text and cool sound effects allows students to create their own multimedia presentation. Updated with Lesson Launchers and #151;ready-made slide shows to start teaching your next science topic.