Mapping the Earth CD-ROM
See how new technology allows us to create sophisticated maps with detailed surface features. Video Adventures include Remote Sensing, Global Positioning System, Mountains, Sea Floor Maps, and Early Maps. Includes a Teacher's Guide. Simulations include Tectonic Forces, Weather Forecasting, Beach Erosion, and Scientific Inquiry.
Each v2.0 CD-ROM features
- Science Simulations: NEW! Now your students can perform hundreds of simulated lab experiments in a virtual lab.
- Discovery Channel Theater: Five fast-paced fact-filled video voyages in both English and Spanish.
- Library: Updated World Book Encyclopedia features extensive reference and research materials.
- Laboratory: New Assessment Component! Interactive activities focus on building critical learning skills.
- Multimedia Studio: Creative tool complete with slides, text and cool sound effects allows students to create their own multimedia presentation. Updated with Lesson Launchers and #151;ready-made slide shows to start teaching your next science topic.