The Planet Earth DVD
This in-depth tour of our planet includes the following segments:
- The History of the Earth — Investigates Earth's origin about 4.6 billion years ago with the collapse of an interstellar cloud of gas and dust.
- The Earth's Structure — Explores the properties of the planet's four main layers.
- The Origin and Influence of the Moon — Considers the theories surrounding the origin of Earth's only natural satellite.
- The Moon's Influence on Earth — Looks at the movements of this satellite, its different phases, and tidal influence.
- The Earth's Magnetic Field — Investigates why Earth's magnetic poles sometimes reverse themselves.
- Energy from the Sun — Explores how the sun makes life on Earth possible.