Understanding Geography DVD
By observing landforms and cultures worldwide, students get a solid grounding in this important subject. Segments include:
- What is Geography?: Explains why the study of geography helps us understand the world around us.
- Geography Tools and Map Skills: Focuses on one of the best-known tools of geographers: the map.
- Ever-Changing Earth: Investigates the super-continent Pangaea and how the Earth's tectonic plates shifted to create the modern continents.
- Sri Lanka: Two Cultures, One Country: Portrays the Sinhalese and Tamil cultures, and documents how they co-exist in this Asian nation.
- Mauritius: How an Island Gains Ground: Explores how a small island country successfully met economic challenges.